The 72nd World Health Assembly was held between 20-28 May 2019. This year was not a reporting year on Infant and Young Child Feeding, but IBFAN’s four representatives were there to ensure that breastfeeding protection, promotion and support would be mentioned while continuing to warn WHO on conflict of interests as well as the risks it is taking with the partnership approach.
IBFAN delivered oral statements on the following items (click to see more):
- Agenda Item 11.2 – WHO’s work in health emergencies
- Agenda Item 11.5 – Universal Health Coverage
- Agenda Item 11.6 – Health, Environment and Climate Change
- Agenda Item 11.8 – Anti Microbial Resistance
- Agenda Item 11.8 – Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases
All official documents and webcast of WHA72 can be found here